Common Eye Problems, Diseases, and Disorders
Every day, when we wake up in the morning and look at our stunning reflections in the mirror, our eyes say, “I SEE you!” And when we look deeply into our lovers’ eyes, we see the souls from within and feel their shared warmth. Our eyes are important organs, and in this article, come explore with us the common eye problems, diseases, and disorders that can affect our sight.
Anatomy of the Eye: Labelled Diagram
Disorders and Diseases of Vision: Diplopia, Hyperopia, Myopia, Nyctalopia, Amblyopia, Presbyopia, Macular Degeneration
Eyelid Disorders and Diseases: Blepharitis, Blepharoptosis, Chalazion, Keratitis
Cornea Disorders and Diseases
Eye Disorders and Diseases: Cataract, Conjunctivitis, Exopthalmos, Hordeolum
Retina Disorders and Diseases: Glaucoma, Detached Retina, Retinal Detachment, Retinopathy
- Mitchell P, Liew G, Gopinath B, Wong TY. Age-related macular degeneration. Lancet. 2018;392(10153):1147-1159. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(18)31550-2
- Miao KH, Guthmiller KB. Dextran. In: StatPearls. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; May 14, 2020.
- Drugs for common eye disorders. Med Lett Drugs Ther. 2019;61(1586):187-194. doi:10.1016/0003-4975(95)00195-q
- Lee CM, Afshari NA. The global state of cataract blindness. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2017;28(1):98-103. doi:10.1097/ICU.0000000000000340
- Wong TY, Mitchell P. Hypertensive retinopathy. N Engl J Med. 2004;351(22):2310-2317. doi:10.1056/NEJMra032865
- DelMonte DW, Kim T. Anatomy and physiology of the cornea. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011;37(3):588-598. doi:10.1016/j.jcrs.2010.12.037
Buy us a coffee to show support! Our site is run 100% by volunteers from around the world, and we thank you for visiting! Please help us keep running with a warm cup of coffee! 🙂